Making the Most of a Short SF Visit

This past weekend, the little and I traveled to my favorite city in the world: San Francisco. I'm a little biased because I used to live there, but the city is an amazing place to be with kids. Still wary of Covid since the little can't be vaccinated, we spent most of our time outdoors. We wandered Chinatown and Fisherman's Wharf, which were far less crowded than I've ever seen them. We found playgrounds tucked in quiet neighborhoods and had picnics with some of San Francisco's amazing food.


We spent a lot of time in Golden Gate Park since the weather was so cooperative. In order to maximize our time, I purchased us both CityPASSes. The passes included entrance into the California Academy of Sciences (my favorite place in the park), a Blue and Gold Fleet bay cruise, and entrance into one other attraction from a list. We chose to visit the San Francisco Zoo, but I know the little would have loved any of the other options: Aquarium of the Bay, the Walt Disney Family Museum, and the Exploratorium.

The little loved the bay cruise, because anything on or in the water knocks her socks off. We also had a wonderful time at the Academy of Sciences seeing the aquarium and albino alligator. If you go, be sure to reserve your spot ahead of time. In order to socially distance, the museum is offering timed entrances and weekend spots disappear fast.

It was surprisingly easy to spend a weekend away from crowds in a city I equate with them. Thanks to the CityPASS, we were able to take advantage of some of the city's premiere outdoor and family-friendly attractions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding South Dakota

What's Blooming in Virginia's Blue Ridge?